Tuesday, June 21, 2011

FAQ - Killer IRS Appeals

WHAT FORMS DO I USE FOR A COLLECTION APPEAL?

There are two different forms:

Form 12153 Is for a collection due process appeal (CDP).
Form 9423 Is for a collection appeals program (CAP). - See More On Collection Appeals

DO I HAVE TO USE AN AFFIDAVIT IF I DON'T HAVE RECEIPTS?

No, but I would, to help get the deduction.

I DISAGREE WITH THE AUDIT RESULTS AND THE AUDITOR WANTS ME TO SIGN THE REPORT AND PAY!

If you disagree you could ask to speak to the manager

You could file an appeal.

Take actions to preserve your right to file a court petition.

APPEALS DID NOT HELP ME WITH MY AUDIT !

You can file a tax court petition.

MY TIME TO SUBMIT AN AUDIT APPEAL AND COURT PETITION EXPIRED!

Request audit reconsideration from the chief of exam.

Ask auditor for help.

Write the tax payer advocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment